Where possible, you should use virtual viewings before visiting properties in person in order to minimise public health risks. If any member of either the household being viewed, or the household undertaking a viewing is showing symptoms of COVID-19 or is self-isolating, then an in-person viewing should be delayed.
- We encourage buyers to do their initial property searches online wherever possible. Initial viewings should also be done virtually, and in-person viewings should only take place when buyers are seriously considering a property.
- To support this, agents may ask home occupiers to conduct virtual viewings. This will help reduce the number of properties people need to visit before finding their future home.
- All viewings should be by appointment only and no open house viewings should take place.
- There are unlikely to be physical protection measures in place in homes. In this case we would advise estate agents to definitely wear a face covering.
- Members of the public who are viewing a property must wear a suitable face covering as described in government guidance unless they are exempt from this requirement. This should be confirmed with the agent before arrival. Anyone with concerns should contact the agent in advance of their visit to discuss appropriate measures.
- If your property is being viewed, you should open all the internal doors prior to the viewing and allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels, or provide hand sanitiser.
- We would recommend that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise unnecessary contact.
- When viewing a property, everyone should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- We expect property agents to accompany clients on a viewing and follow social distancing guidance.
We are keeping up-to-date with the latest Government guidelines and doing all we can to make in-person viewings and market appraisals safe for all involved.
- Before any viewing or visit is confirmed we will check if any party has had COVID-19 or shown symptoms, are shielding or clinically vulnerable, or are currently self-isolating.
- Vendors will vacate their properties for the duration of the viewing.
- We will request that vendors leave as many doors open and lights on as possible to minimise the need to touch door handles and light switches.
- We will limit the number of applicants at any one viewing to 2 people, and request that children do not attend. If this is not possible, we will request that children remain in the car under the supervision of an adult. Please do not bring any pets with you to the viewing. Government Guidelines require that the people viewing the house must be living in the same household.
- Please keep a minimum of 2 metres apart from others and consider wearing gloves and a mask or face covering. This may be compulsory for certain visits. We will wear PPE.
- You will be given the opportunity to wash your hands with soap and water (or hand sanitiser if not available) immediately after entering a property where possible.
- We will not hand you any paperwork at the viewing unless prior agreed, but we will email you brochures and any relevant property documents when we confirm the viewing for you to print off prior to your visit.